Disclaimer: Due to the nature of some of the content, the Cardiff Pride: More Than A Month campaign may not be suitable for some of TheSprout’s younger readers. If you find any of this information distressing, please speak to somebody you trust or contact one of the services provided within this article.
About the campaign
Cardiff Pride: More Than A Month is a co-created campaign with 26 young people who attended Pride Cymru 2022. We interviewed 21 young people and using their answers, young members of TheSprout’s creative team created the campaign.
The campaign aims to highlight the thoughts, worries, and experiences shared by young people attending Pride Cymru.
What can I expect?
During the week-long campaign, we’ll be posting blogs and social media posts from our exclusive interviews with young people.
If you’d like to be part of the conversation, use the #MoreThanAMonth hashtag!
Here’s what you can expect to see throughout the campaign:
- What does Pride mean to you?
- Safe spaces in Cardiff
- Figuring out your identity
- LGBTQ+ sex education
- What does your flag represent?
- Who is your LGBTQ+ icon?
- What change is needed in the fight for LGBTQ+ equality?
- Improving Cardiff Pride
- Is Cardiff an LGBTQ-friendly city?
- Advice for LGBTQ+ Young People and Allies
- How to be a great LGBTQ+ ally
- Support for LGBTQ+ people in Cardiff
- Information for LGBTQ+ people
Who can I talk to about LGBTQ+ life and issues?
This campaign covers some sensitive topics about being LGBTQ+. Here’s some useful contact information for services that you can access for any of the topics covered within this campaign:
- Meic – Meic is an advocacy, information and advice helpline for children and young people in Wales. You can contact Meic via phone, text or instant message on their website from 8am – Midnight, 365 days per year.
- Galop – Galop is the National Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans+ Domestic Abuse Helpline.