Was this information helpful?
What is TheSprout?
TheSprout is Cardiff’s online magazine and info site for 11-25’s, by 11-25’s and organisations that wish to support them. Get submitting now!
Think news, views, reviews, interviews (all the “views”!), creativity, advice, information, personal experiences, and so much more!
TheSprout is an interactive website that encourages creativity and direct involvement while providing information on activities and services available to every single one of you, the good young people of Cardiff.
An Editorial Group aged between 11-25 meets monthly and are responsible for writing, reporting, photographing, designing, promoting and anything else they feel should be included. They also make decisions on content and technical changes.
Last night a member of our team sadly left us to return to France to study her masters class! Au Revoir @manondelalande! Thanks for all your hard work and great memories with us! All the best for your promising future! #SadTimes ———————————————————————— Neithiwr roedd yn amser ffarwelio â un o'n tîm sydd yn dychwelyd i Ffrainc i astudio gradd meistr! Au Revoir @manondelalande! Diolch am yr holl waith caled ac atgofion gwych! Pob lwc yn dy ddyfodol addawol! #CyfnodTrist
Who runs it?
Who designed it?
ProMo-Cymru work with clever dickies known as Burning Red, a creative design company based in Cardiff Bay: “Edgey, contemporary and passionate about our work, Burning Red is a creative hub of design specialists dedicated to bringing your brand to life. Our clients are diverse – corporate, public and private sector organisations, retailers and musicians to name a few – but they have one thing in common – the need for creative communication.”
What does it want?
Feeding! Fuel TheSprout with whatever you fancy sharing: news, reviews, creative writing, previews, features, or just let everyone know about your events or opinions. Use it to develop your journalistic skills. You have the ability to add videos from YouTube to news items, and can upload images to accompany your story.
How can I see my writing on TheSprout?
Just take two minutes to register and you can start to submit stuff. If you need help, email info@TheSprout.co.uk
So, in a nutshell:
What is TheSprout?
- An interactive website and occassional magazine offering information, news and advice to all young people aged 11 to 25 in Cardiff
- It allows young people and organisations that work with them to upload articles, events, pictures, and videos. An Editorial Group of young people lead the development of the site
What’s great about TheSprout?
- Content is created by you and the organisations that support your activities
- Allows you to say what you want and promotes your exchange of views
- Creates, develops and shares information locally and nationally
- Sharing multimedia showcases your creative ideas and skills
- Promotes participation and inclusion through youth-led editorial groups
- Works closely with youth information networks across Wales to share resources
- A platform for you and organisations to publicise your progress and achievements
- Highlight good ideas and practices for everyone to learn from
- You can find out about projects, and how to get involved from all across Wales