What is TheSprout?
TheSprout is Cardiff’s online magazine and information website for 11-25’s, by 11-25’s and organisations that wish to support them.
- Info is where you can find lots of information and support for topics affecting young people such as leaving school, bullying, and money worries. Under each section, you’ll find a bunch of really handy links to local and national organisations which can help you out with whatever you may need.
- Blog is where our amazing articles written by young people are shared. There’s something here for everyone – from local opportunities, reviews of the latest films, and raising awareness of important issues like children’s and young people’s rights.
Each season, we release a new campaign surrounding issues that matter to young people, by young people in Cardiff. Here’s a few of our recent campaigns:
If you’d like to be involved in writing something for TheSprout or being involved in one of our campaigns, get in touch with us! You can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who runs it?
What’s great about TheSprout?
- Content is created by you and the organisations that support your activities
- Allows you to say what you want and promotes your exchange of views
- Creates, develops and shares information locally and nationally
- Sharing multimedia showcases your creative ideas and skills
- Promotes participation and inclusion through youth-led editorial groups
- Works closely with youth information networks across Wales to share resources
- A platform for you and organisations to publicise your progress and achievements
- Highlight good ideas and practices for everyone to learn from
- You can find out about projects, and how to get involved from all across Wales
Writing for TheSprout
Here’s a few handy resources if you’re writing for TheSprout:
TheSprout FAQs – your first call for all Sprout-related questions
TheSprout’s Style Guide – tips on writing for TheSprout
TheSprout’s Picture Guide – tips on finding and uploading images with your articles