All content taken directly from childcomwales.org.uk here.
We are recruiting Children and Young People for our Advisory Panel!
The Young People’s Advisory Panel is a new and exciting group being formed to advise Sally Holland, the Children’s Commissioner for Wales on her work.
What does the Children’s Commissioner do?
The Children’s Commissioner for Wales and her team promote and protect the rights and welfare of children and young people in Wales.
What are we looking for?
12 young people aged 11-18 who have some previous experience of representing the views of other people and who are confident to share their ideas and opinions with others.
We welcome enquiries from everyone and hope to have young people with a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences on the panel.
You can read a full role description here.
What will you do?
• Work with the Children’s Commissioner for Wales’ staff team to review the Commissioner’s work plan each year and provide her with new ideas and feedback.
• Work with the Children’s Commissioner for Wales’ staff team to help develop the young people’s advisory panel and review how the group is working.
What will you get out of it?
You will gain new skills, new friends, and learn about the work of the Children’s Commissioner for Wales. You will have an opportunity to influence her priority areas of work and have fun being part of a new and exciting group.
What is the commitment?
A place on the panel lasts for two years.
• Each year there will be three whole day meetings (you can attend in South or North Wales) in July, October (2016) and February (2017).
• Keep in touch with us between meetings using social media.
• Opportunity to be a representative on the combined adult panel (four meetings a year).
• Opportunity to get involved in interviews and projects which may require you to work with us more if you choose to.
How do I apply?
You can fill in an application form and tell us more about yourself in writing or in a video.
You can download an Advisory Panel Application Form.
The full role description is here.
Please also complete and return this monitoring form.
If you’d like to help us to share information about our advisory panel by putting up a poster in your school or youth club, you can download one here.
Closing date for applications: Monday 20th June 2016 at 10am.
If you’d like to talk to someone about this opportunity please call our office on 01792 765600 and ask for Kath Mattingly or Sarah Griffith.
We will be in touch with you about your application by June 30th 2016.