Fancy learning some peer mentoring skills and even gaining a qualification with the National Youth Advocacy Service?
There are some spaces available for young people to participate in Peer Mentoring Training that is starting in August 2022.
When is the training?
The course will be delivered online across three sessions on:
- Monday 8th August – 10:30am to 2pm
- Tuesday 9th August – 11am to 2pm
- Monday 15th August – 2pm to 5pm
All three sessions must be attended.
What does it involve?
The Training consists of two elements:
Peer Mentoring Skills
- Establishing a peer mentoring relationship
- Use of communication skills in peer mentoring
- Understanding how to enable an individual to review progress
- Ability to reflect on own peer mentoring skills
Understanding Peer Mentoring
- Understand the purpose of peer mentoring
- Understand the legislation relevant to a peer mentor
- Understand codes of conduct for a peer mentor
- Understand record-keeping requirements in peer mentoring
- Know how to make referrals as a peer mentor
Young people may choose to do the qualification which is an OCN Level 2 in Peer Mentoring. Learners will receive guidance after and in between sessions to support them towards their qualifications.
How can I sign up?
The course is open to all young people aged 16 to 25. Young people don’t need to be care experienced.
For further information or to register, please contact Sam by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07767 168 478.
Read about more local opportunities for young people.
Get in touch with us about opportunities for young people in Cardiff by emailing us at email@example.com.