Learning isn’t just something you do whilst at school, college, or university – you do it all your life! So let’s explore Learning at Work Week!
When is Learning at Work Week?
Learning at Work Week is taking place this year between 17 – 23 May 2021.
What is Learning at Work week?
Learning at Work Week is a yearly event aiming to encourage lifelong learning through work. It tries to raise awareness of the importance of learning and development and share creative and fun ideas on how to learn within the workplace environment. After all, learning doesn’t have to be boring!
The week is organised by Campaign for Learning – a charity that promote lifelong working.
This year, the theme for the week is ‘made for learning’. The week is focussing on our human capacity to learn and how important this is for us.
How can I get involved?
There are loads of ways that you can get involved in Learning at Work Week. Here’s a list of some:
- Discuss opportunities for learning and development with your colleagues and manager
- Sign up for some online training (free or paid)
- Draw and submit entries into the Learning at Work Week 2021 Doodle Challenge
- Try something new and outside of your comfort zone
- Shadow a staff member in another team to learn more about their role
- Enter your organisation into the Learning At Work Week Impact Awards