Are you interested in solving the world’s environmental issues but have no idea where to start? This UpRising Leadership programme could be the one for you.
This autumn the Environmental Leadership Programme comes to Cardiff. If you care about issues such as food waste, carbon emissions, green space, biodiversity and sustainable living then we want to hear from you! Become an agent of change, go to https://t.co/PxNkjucfrM pic.twitter.com/VygU3yDlLA
— UpRising Cymru (@UpRising_Cymru) August 6, 2018
UpRising is a programme which connects young people with paths to power. You will become a leader in the green field of environmentalism. They also state on their website that 68% of young people who go on the programme get employment afterward. That’s amazing!
Here’s what they have to say.
We’re on the look-out for the next gang of green heroes to join our next Environmental Leadership Programme.
We connect you with the UK’s top environmental change-makers, to gain the Leadership know-how and transform the world around you.
It’s a free, part-time and nine-months and is all designed to fit around your work, study or other commitments.
On the Programme you will:
- Learn how environmental change is made on a local, national and global level, directly from the people who are living and breathing it
- Meet sustainability leaders from business, media, government and charities and more.
- Take part in expert-led workshops
- Design and run an environmental social action campaign
- Get matched with a mentor and a coach
- Escalate your confidence to the next level
- Boost your career prospects
- Pick up the tools to shape your future
In 2016-17 our Programme Participants met, networked and learned from organisations such as: Friends of the Earth, Greenpeace, Climate KIC, Guardian, National Trust, Manchester Climate Change Agency, Brother UK…
Sound good to you? They even provide the dates:
Applications open: August 2017
Programme starts: November 2017
Finishes: July 2018.
The next programme will be starting in October 2018.
Programme sessions take place one evening a week. They’re hosted with organisations from across all sectors, giving you a unique look behind the scenes of what’s going on in your city.