Remember, remember, to keep safe on the 5th of November! Bonfire Night can be a lot of fun, but make sure you follow these tips to make sure you stay safe.
- It is illegal for anyone under 18 in the UK to buy fireworks.
- If you are using fireworks, make sure that you never throw or play with them.
- Once a firework is lit, never go back to it and stand far enough away from it so that you can watch. safely.
- Wear gloves when playing with sparklers.
- Keep sparklers at arms length when using them.
- Don’t run around or wave sparklers near other people.
- Put sparklers in a bucket of water after you’ve finished.
- Don’t leave used sparklers on the ground.
- Don’t stand too close to a fire.
- Only use safe things to burn such as wood and paper.
- Never add fuel like petrol or oil to a fire.
- Keep fire safety equipment close like sand, a bucket of water, fire blanket, and a fire extinguisher.
- If your clothes catch fire STOP, DROP & ROLL.
Staying indoors? Try these at home bonfire night themed activities.