Are you 16-25? Looking for work? Get into Retail with M&S.
10th June – 4th July 2019, Cardiff/Newport
Taster/Selection day: Tuesday 4th June 2019
Meet new people and learn new skills as well as gaining work experience. We’ll also help you with your CV.
Not only will it boost your confidence and employability, but you’ll also have the chance to benefit
from the support of one our mentors to help you uncover your next steps.
➔ Gain valuable retail work experience
➔ Benefits not affected
➔ Boost employability skills
➔ Up to 6 months of support
➔ Travel Expenses paid on programme
To join the course or find out more:
Search ‘Prince’s Trust Cymru’
Text ‘Call me’ to 07983 385 418
Call for free on 0800 842 842
June 2019 sees the start of the next Prince’s Trust Get Into Retail programme with our national partner, Marks and Spencer. This will run from Monday 10th June – Thursday 4th July inclusive (9am-5pm) and we are now looking for suitable young people, to take part.
Where will it take place?
All training days will be held at M&S Store, 72 Queen St, Cardiff, CF10 2XG although during the programme, each young person will also be allocated one of the following local M&S stores to complete a detailed work placement: – Cardiff Queen Street, Llanishen, Cardiff Capital (Leckwith), Newport Friars Walk.
Who can apply?
Any young people aged 16 -25 inclusive, who are interested in working within the retail industry, keen to increase their employability skills in this sector and able to commit to the programme dates and Taster Day.
Anyone interested in being considered should now sign up for the Taster / Selection Day which is scheduled for 9.30am – 4.30pm, Tuesday 4th June 2019 at the M&S Store, 72 Queen St, Cardiff, CF10 2XG. The Taster Day is likely to include icebreakers, teambuilding activities, an introduction to M&S, and Prince’s Trust paperwork. I am also planning a Get Ready session between now and the Taster Day, to help young people prepare well for this opportunity. Details of this preparatory session can be obtained by calling me on 07483 991 410 or emailing
The small print!
- Any young person considering this programme must be motivated and have at least a degree of personal confidence as it will involve engaging with M&S customers, (albeit with supervision in the initial stages of the programme). They should also be aware that working in a retail environment demands a lot of time on one’s feet.
- Although M&S will not consider any young person with a Theft related conviction, any other convictions will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Although M&S uniform is provided for the actual programme, all young people will be expected to wear smart interview attire for the Taster Day.
- Public transport travelling expenses during the programme and on the Taster Day are reimbursed.
- M&S will provide each young person with £3 for lunch on every day of the programme and the Taster Day.