When things go wrong, it’s easy to blame ourselves, feel upset, scared, worried or confused or to try find reasons to justify why it happened.
The most important thing to remember if you feel troubled or concerned about the situation you are in, is to confide in someone you trust to get the support and advice you need. You can also approach professional organisations who exist to help, protect and support you so you don’t have to deal with it alone or in silence.
If you need to deal with conflict in your family, or with your friends, this video could be handy:
If you need advice, help, or someone on your side, or advocacy — someone to speak on your behalf — you could try talking to Meic. Meic will always listen to you. They can also help you take steps to fix the situation, if that’s what you want to do. You can chat to them online, text them (84001) or call them for free on 080880 23456. They’re open from 8 in the morning until midnight.
Some other places that might help
- TheMix.com has a really good article with advice about dealing with arguments
- Or you could try ChildLine — they have some articles about divorce & separation, and domestic violence that could help you sort out the situation
- If your parents are getting divorced, you might have some questions – this might help you think through them
- If you’re worried or want to learn more about Domestic violence and domestic abuse, Live Fear Free can help
- Rainbow Bridge specialise as a LGBT domestic abuse service
- We have a section on problems with friends on our Friends Info page here
- Runaway Helpline – Runaway Helpline is here if you are thinking about running away, if you have already run away, or if you have been away and come back.
- Safe AS: Domestic abuse and healthy relationship support for young people in Cardiff
If you have a problem, question or advice that you’d like to share with other young Cardiffians, Aunty Sprout is for you:
For more organisations, services or info on relationships, check out our database or contact Meic, the advocacy, advice and information helpline for children and young people in Wales – Freephone: 080880 23456 / Text: 84001 / Instant Message.
Image credit: janwillemsen via compfight cc
Was this information helpful?