- This event has passed.
May 18 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm| £8
Come down to Techniquest in Cardiff Bay from the 13th of May til 24th of June to see Generation Games’ fantastic retro games exhibition.
There will be several unique, custom crafted cabinets filled with gaming consoles from throughout the ages, with Welsh and English bilingual educational information covering each cabinet.
Celebrating this, we have the major Launch Day Event on Saturday the 18th of May where we, the Welsh Gaming Network, have been liaising and helping to organise over the last few weeks!
There will be plenty to do along side Generation Games retro gaming exhibition including:
- Welsh Gaming Network hosted retro Mario Kart fastest lap competition (all day)
- Video Games publisher Perp Games will be on hand to showcase several games, with many developed here in Wales by Wales Interactive!
- Embrace the popularity of streaming with a Streamer Q &A session with Welsh Gaming Network members, streamers and content creators – Stealelves, Cababs and Brainz456
- Create your own video game workshop by Technocamps (Great for young budding games developers out there!)
- A design or construct your own game character competition
And many more organisations and activities yet to be confirmed. On top of my list we are hoping to see the worlds biggest working Game Boy, official Nintendo community Nintendo South Wales sharing experiences with Labo technology and for teenagers looking to get into esports and the gaming industry, hopefully we will see Coleg Gwent sharing information regarding their brand new UAL Level 3 eSports, Games and Multi Media Business Events course.
There will also be possible gaming competitions held on the big screen!
This launch day event will run 10am til 5pm 18th May, with a discount yet to be decided for anyone who says they are a member of the Welsh Gaming Network when buying your ticket on the door.
We’ll also be holding a donation bucket for anyone wanting to donate to Velindre Cancer Centre. This year we have vowed to raise funds for the incredibly important cause, to show them how gaming can be a viable way to raise money without having to climb any mountains or cycle across America. If you would like to donate, partake in fundraising or share please click this link: https://www.justgiving.com/velindregaming
Usual Techniquest entry prices apply, £8 adults £6.50 children, £7.20 over 60s or students, under 3s free, annual pass free. Techniquest itself is a charity so a good cause.